Tuesday 21 May 2013

A book cover is born...

You know how much I love designing book covers, don't you? Well, I've recently joined a Group on the ole Facebook called 'Stories for Homes' - which originally intrigued me because of the 'stories' bit, but since I've been there, all I've done is design possible book covers for them.  It's a worthy, worthy cause -raising funds and more importantly awareness for the charity SHELTER in aid of the housing crisis in London and beyond.
Anyway, by the time I've got round to the finished article, I probably won't have time to write the story I thought I would - but y'know what? I'm having SOooo much fun  playing about with designing the cover that I don 't really mind!
Here're the ones I made earlier, ending with the latest one...                           

2 comments:

Sandra Davies said...

A soul-mate! I find designing book covers not only therapeutic when the writing is going bad but with one novel, in so doing found not only the title but an nderlying theme.
Of these I like te jeys best, closely followed by the worn front door. The yellow garden one looks (to me) too much like designer/fictionalised and not enough like 'home'

Debs Riccio said...

Sandra, that's a fabulous way to discover something about the book you're writing.... I'm terrible, I always think that if I'm enjoying doing something (I must've spent 30 hours or so on these since the weekend) that it Doesn't Count as proper 'work' but I'm sure it must do:)
The consensus right now is that keys aren't good (the 3 kidnapped girls in USA doesn't help I guess), the gate is WAY to golden and the worn front door was overtaken b y what I like to call 'Rotten Row' which seems to be the one everyone prefers.
Thanks for stopping by :)