Friday 23 July 2010

Here's what I've been doing...

Just in case anyone's been wondering if I'm still in the land of the living... here's what I've been busy with...

The school stage had to be turned into a background scene for the summer production of Aladdin.... and even though there was ONE teeny tiny meltdown in my immediate vicinity (i.e. me) on just the one occasion, where I spent the entire day sobbing every time anybody dared to even mention the words 'paint' and 'scene' and/or 'Azkhaban', it did finally get done - after a whole five days of blood... okay  then, vermillion paint, sweat (proper sweat, it was VAY hot in there) and many aforementioned tears...

Even the Girl got involved and made the greatest bouncing melon in the history of.... well, bouncing melons (a papier mached netball "borrowed" from the PE Department)



And if anyone is thinking of zooming in on this to embiggen it - yes, it does look like we're 'painting by numbers' and that's because we had manly assistance in the form of the caretaker (thank you Mr Peddar) and several cohorts as we're not ladder trained and this is a very important thing to be... if you're up a ladder that is...


Which I DO appear to be in this one.  Only, I'm not technically UP it, I'm kind of more gossiping around the bottom rungs with my lovely work friend Luisa and holding a piece of paper which makes me look all efficient and organised. See - even SHE's holding a piece of paper (we WERE really gossiping!).

Come to think of it, I DO pass a lot of staff in the corridors who wander about holding bits of paper.  I always think they look like they're doing something very important too.

So, can you tell what it is yet?!

3 comments:

Deb said...

Wow-wee! Brilliant, Debs! What a clever girl you are!

Jacqueline Christodoulou-Ward said...

That looks so good Debs - I wish I could be so creative!

Debs Riccio said...

thanks girls - an overhead projector and some men on ladders certainly helps!