Wednesday 16 February 2011

And the Award for the Person Most Delighted to be Awarded an Award goes to...

I'm just very grateful I'm not receiving it from either Wossy or David Brent 'cos they'd both make me feel so inferior that I'd probably wet the red carpet with fear.

So my thanks go to the incomparably gorgeous Suz Korb who blogs  at Bang Out The Prose for awarding me with this honour.  Stylish... pfft! Really? Me?!

Anyway, as per instructions, here are 7 things you might not (want to) know about me, and my list of ten other pretty spectacular blogs that I LOVE reading...and also pass on this award to...

1. I've lied about my age since turning 39.  That will be... um.. ten years ago next week.  For the mathematicians amongst you.
2. I'm never quite sure if fancying David Walliams is 'wrong' or not.
3. Since starting the Menopause (which proves I'm OLD) I can't eat enough bread, cakes and crumpets.  'Fifty and Nifty' I will NOT be. And I quite like a 'reason' to be a grouch.
4. I'm scared of getting published in case it turns me into a Prima-donna.
5. I get irritated if anyone pronounces the letter *H* with a soft 'huh'.  It's pronounced 'Aitch' - okay, it SAYS so in the flippin' Dictionary - get a copy!
6. I pick my lips until they're sore.  My dad used to tell me one day they'd be like curtains flapping every time I spoke. 
7. I miss my daughter living here like I'm missing a limb. 

BELTER BLOGS:

8 comments:

Keris Stainton said...

Ooh, thank you!

And, yes, fancying David Walliams is wrong, but who cares? At least he's human. ;)

Debs Riccio said...

Crikey Keris, that was quick - you didn't give me enough time to adjust the intro bit to include the passing on of the Award to my 10 Fave blogs... I was only supposed to be testing out the links... such a classy blogger, me...stylish? Yeah right!

Nik Perring said...

Happy birthday for next week, Debs!

Debs Riccio said...

Aww thanks Nik - you'll be a gentleman and NOT mention my age if I mention YOUR fab blog, won't you? ... here ... http://www.nikperring.blogspot.com

Deb said...

Happy birthday for next week, Miss Stylish Blogger lady! And thank you once again for the plug.xxx

Debs Riccio said...

You're very welcome Deb, and thanks for making (virtual) life that much more lovely! x

Ms Mac said...

That "haitch" thing drives me up the wall.

Debs Riccio said...

Stella, I'm SO glad you think so too - teachers at our school use the soft 'hu-aitch' to the kids, so we're all DOOMED!