Thursday 19 November 2009

ANALOGIES R US (well me, anyway)

It’s the most ridiculous reason for feeling that ‘broken hearted’ stab of pain to the heart in the world.

I can only liken it to the feeling (and I haven’t had to endure this for years thank goodness) to getting the confirmation that you’re being cheated on or else after ages of disbelief and anxiety, it’s finally true – you’re being dumped.

And there’s not a damn thing you can do about it.

Agents contacted me and told my the book it sh*te already?

Husband cheating on me?

Been dumped?

Three-tiers of school fallen on my head?

No – we’ve been told that after nearly 2 weeks of assessments, the car is a write-off.

It hurts my heart – I don’t know how else to describe it.

And just millimetres away from my head is a big tray labelled ‘crap’ which contains insurance companies, finance agreements on a now deceased car, bank balances, credit crunches (with a soft caramel centre? I wish) and reduced working hours/cashflow – teetering dangerously and waiting for that final straw to send it crashing down.

Deep breath.

Because I’ve heard worse things happen at sea.

If I’d been in the same kind of head-on collision in my lovely boat then I sure as hell wouldn’t be blogging about it right now.

See? Sea.

2 comments:

Lane Mathias said...

Horrible feeling. When I finally had to get rid of my (very) old Saabina, it physically hurt:-(

Debs Riccio said...

Thank God, Lane, I thought I might be going senile and stupid in my angst!