Saturday 18 July 2009

Ten 'fresh' smells I love...

1. Freshly painted walls - esp. if they are green and gorgeous and mark the end of two days of hard slog.
2. Fresh bread (hardly original I know).
3. Fresh laundry (just noticed ALL the air fresheners in this house are called either 'linen' or 'cotton' or 'freshly washed clothes')
4. Freshly lain flooring - esp. if if is oak, heralds the end of hideous carpet stains including cat sick, dropped foodstuffs, red wine, blood and skid marks (don't ask) and means we can now start inviting people round for meals. Or even just 'round'.
5. Freshly cut grass. Heaven... for non-hayfever sufferers only I guess.
6. Fresh ideas for that new book.
7. Freshly bloomed Jasmine - incredible how such a tiny flower can have such a massive fragrance.
8. Freshly trimmed fringes. Don't know why - just like putting a new frame on an old master!
9. Freshly returned husband (from a day of fishing - so he's not going to 'smell' particularly fresh but the return is still great)
10.Freshly ironed clothes (sometimes I just stand and sniff the air whilst I'm ironing - takes me back to when I was little and my mum ironed - a comfort smell!)

How 'bout you?

2 comments:

Fionnuala said...

Me I love the smell of freshly printed money! x

Debs Riccio said...

Hee, Fi!