Monday 6 July 2009

You HAVE to see "Seven Pounds"

At the risk of sounding like all I do at weekends is rent DVDs, I just HAD to tell you about one of the four that we rented the other day...

In a word, it is just MESMERISING and I don't use words like that lightly.It made me cry and it made me think and it made me want to be a better person (briefly, but I can still 'want', can't I?.
It normally irritates me when I start watching a film and think "you what?" I didn't understand what was going on (the start IS slightly confusing) but half an hour in I realised I didn't even need Will to say anything - his body language, his silences, his eyes just said it all... and ... well, it blew me away (and if you've seen the weight I've piled on recently you know that's no mean feat) (clearly it hasn't helped me with the parenthesis-addiction) (hmm).

Go rent 'Seven Pounds' - you'll feel a hell of a lot better about yourself afterwards.

(This wasn't a public services broadcast on behalf of those nice people at Kleenex)
(But it could have)

No comments: